"Ever since installing Internet Explorer 7, we got the following error on startup: The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?"
"The EXE was being run from a network drive. The dialog box does not appear if the EXE is stored on a local drive. I followed a suggestion about adding it to a security zone in IE7 and added my network drive to the intranet. Here's what I did:"
1. Open Internet Options Dialog Box from IE7
2. Select Security Tab
3. Select 'Local Intranet' icon from the zones shown
4. Click on 'Sites' command button, which opens a 'Local Intranet' Dialog Box
5. Click on 'Advanced' command button, which opens a dialog box where you are able to add and remove websites from your intranet.
6. Add "\\servername\" to list of websites. Click 'Close, then 'OK' to return to main Internet Options Dialog Box.
The default security level was OK to allow me to run my EXE stored on my network drive.